Tuesday 18 June 2013

I'm still here!

Sorry for being so quiet in Blogland for a while - about two months ago I decided to have three days a week not putting my PC on (I know!) which actually worked quite well and then three weeks ago I decided to drastly reduce my surfing time even more by only putting the PC on on one day and then seriously restricting the time I spent on there - this decision has allowed me to get lots of extra jobs done around the house that I wouldn't normally find the time to do (let's face it once we have started reading blogs and looking at pinterest it's easy to lose two or three hours a day isn't it!) - I have also been able to do lots of catch ups with friends I haven't spent much time with for a while and also get a whole host of crafting goodies completed!  I have been busy sewing lots and trying to teach myself free motion quilting - it's a lot harder than I first thought especially if you are perfectionist like me!

I have also arranged quite a few more workshops at Hobbycraft - I haven't yet taken photos of my latest lot though but I do have these to show you which are done using the new Distress Paints:

 
My  Tuesday workshop is fully booked but I do still have two spaces on Thursday 11th July at 10.00am - 12.00pm - classes are held at the Hobbycraft Solihull store and cost £10 - if you are interested please get in touch.

Drastically reducing my surfing time has been very rewarding but I do also miss looking at all the inspiration out in the big wide world and keeping in touch with all my online buddies - it's not too bad though as I can access all emails via my phone so I am still in regular contact with most!

Hopefully catch up with you all soon.

Thanks for looking - Finally Getting Things Done in Solihull

3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Glad the new regime is working for you. I have deliberately stayed away from doing any facebook/twitter/pininterest as once sucked in you have caught the bug. I have found quite a few others are trying to do the same. Life evolves and carries on whatever we are doing. Have fun and no worries. Hugs Mrs A.

Missus Wookie said...

Glad it is fun things that have kept you quiet - I deliberately don't pintrest and keep the rest to set time slots or yep you can lose hours.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two wonderful tags.