Monday 26 November 2012

A Birthday Layout

Have done a layout! whoo hoo - those who know me know I haven't scrapped much this past year - seem to be having much more fun sewing or getting messy making tags so my photos are just left in a pile waiting for some inspiration to strike and this weekend it did!

Spent a lovely morning on Saturday with my good friends Morag and Jackie where we took a girls trip out to the grand opening of The Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn which is run by the lovely Hayley who regularly brings the shop to our crop, where amongst a few other goodies I treated myself to a new pack of Echo Park "A Boys Life" papers and when I got home I got the urge to play with them straight away (very unusual for me!):


These photos have been sitting in the pile for over two years now - they aren't the best but still deserve a showcase in DS2's album so I am pleased to have them finally done.  For this layout I used the following stamps: Creative  Expressions Vintage Aviation, 7 Gypsies Friends, My Minds Eye Union Square Perfect and Portobello Road Boy, Fiskars School Stamps and Stampers Anonymous Odds and Ends.  Papers used were Basic Grey Inventory, Echo Park A Boys Life - Hot Road and Suave, plain cream cardstock and some Echo Park A Boys Life stickers.  The butterfly is by Prima, the Prima flowers are Tiffany Teal Got Iced Flowers, Petal Palette Mix #7, Got Flowers #700232 and then the large blue flower is by Trico (bought in a 99c store in the States), the green felt vine is by Artemio.  Other embellishments are: Bazzill Just the Edge North Sea strips, a Prima Voila art strip, Prima Chipboard - Cherished Moments, 3 Bugs in a Rug Seeing Stars metal brads, Stash Panache Grey button, Basic Grey chipboard number which is covered with Fired Brick crackle glaze, Washi tape is from Paperchase and Basic Grey Archaic brads - as you can see a great mixture of new and old stash there!  Only a few light touches of Broken China distress ink was used (very unusual for me!) and also only a light bit of stamping and, if you notice, none on the background or any mists/paints either! so very minimillistic for me!

I based the layout on a October 2011 Page Map - you have got to love sketches to speed up the process of scrapping haven't you - this whole layout took me about four hours (admittedly an hour was probably still spent faffing with the papers even though I was using a sketch - but hey ho still very fast for me!).

Hope you like it - DS2 does :)

A big hello to my latest follower Ronda - thank you for following me.  That's it from me today but I have finally caught up with all my projects and crafting commitments for this month so am hoping to have a bit of free time for just playing this week - I have signed up for an old Christy Tomlinson class - The Art of Wild Abandonment and am also hoping to check out the 12 Tags of Christmas on the Funkie Junkie website - we shall see.....

Thanks for looking - Feeling Scrappy from Solihull

4 comments:

Jackie xxx said...

Lets hope this will inspire you to do more layouts. Love the use of the flowers on a boys layout.

Happy scrapping x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

It's a wonderful layout.

Hettie said...

Great layout there Miss! I feel the same about scrapbooking at the moment...cannot remember when I last did some!
Hugs
xx

Missus Wookie said...

Hey - if DS likes it than it's a hit :) The Boys Life papers are lovely aren't they? Glad you bought some bits and then had a play.