Saturday 6 October 2012

International Card Making Day

Today has been a busy one for me as its my little boys birthday next Wednesday so we have been busy all morning and afternoon preparing and having a family party for him.  However as it's International Card Making Day, and I haven't made a card for ages, I thought I would grab the opportunity to make a quick card this morning whilst he and his Dad went into town to get the free lego in the paper (which turns out isn't today at all! oh well).  Here is the card I have made for my OH's sister whose birthday is next week too:


I used up some Basic Grey Lime Rickey bits and pieces, a piece of washi tape (finally - whoo hoo!), Spiced Marmalade distress ink and a Whimsy Stamp for the greeting.

Even though its only a really clean, quick and simple card it still took me over an hour!  Hopefully I will get a chance to play a bit later and make DS2 his birthday card too!

This card is based on the sketch over at http://mojomonday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/mojo-monday-261-contest.html so I would like to enter it into their challenge and also I have spotted three other challenges specific to International Card Making Day so I would like to enter it into those too:  http://craftybootschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/, http://simonsaysstampblog.blogspot.co.uk/ and http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2012/10/international-card-making-day.html

Thanks for looking - Party Girl from Solihull

6 comments:

PaperArtsy said...

Hohhot loving the colors, she'll be thrilled to get this! Good luck with the birthday party too!! Busy busy time
Leandra xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the funky colours, and lovely layout! Happy WCMD - and have a great party (my niece's 9th today too!)
Alison x

Mrs A. said...

Hope the party went well despite not getting the free lego. Happy Birthday to son2 for next week.
Hugs Mrs A.

Astrid Maclean said...

What a fun card, - hope the party went well.

Missus Wookie said...

Hope he gets the free lego when it is time, the birthday party goes well and SIL likes the card. Cute bird!

Safdar Ali said...

Wonderful card. So lovely design. I like the colors and love the CAS style design like Plastic cards which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.