Sunday 6 May 2012

New distress inks

Treated myself yesterday to the new seasonal distress inks - well it's rude not too really isn't it!

Have spent a happy Sunday morning making a tag - using the same techniques for CC2C yesterday:


Colours used are Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac (all yummy!) with a bit of Vintage Photo (of course!).  Stamps are Indigo Blue from their Wild Meadow range, Picket Fence is T!ms on the edge Fence die which I have discovered you can turn around and get longer fence poles so I am well pleased with myself.  Bird cage and birdie are also one of T!ms dies.  The mask used (which you can't really see) is a Creative Expressions one with no name but it's basically a foliage one.  Finished with a rather small set of alphabet stamps, bling, rose ribbon (another of my fabulous finds in Wolverhampton market) and a strip of canvas inked with Vintage Photo.

All in all an enjoyable and relaxing Sunday morning although I have to admit I have slightly, just ever so slightly, fallen out with the chaps with Ranger because remember this?


Yes my lovely, handmade from mountboard, portable box to transport and store my distress inks in:


well as you can it was a very snug fit with the two other sets of seasonal distress inks in, so I spent hours the other weekend making a completely new one:


and guess what, yes you have guessed it, my three new inks are now a very snug fit!

Darn it - however haven't got the time to remake another one at the moment so they will just all have to squeeze in there for the time being!  Oh well am sure I will forgive Ranger soon.

A big hello to Leanne and Michael - thank  you both so much for following me.
Thanks for looking - Inky Fingers from Solihull

8 comments:

May said...

OOOAAAHHH....Love your tag and the new colours are fantastic... you have done a great job... But now I will need to buy them.... Hugs May x x x

My name is Cindy said...

I'm begnning to feel left out - everyone has been doing CC2 today!! Lovely tag.

Hettie said...

Lovely tag you have made and love the colours and the naturey look of it.
You cannot blame Ranger for the ink issue...they didn't force you to buy more now did they?
xx

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, what a gorgeous tag! FABulous!

Sherry said...

Lovely tags (this one and in your previous post). Love your Distress Ink boxes - how very inconsiderate of them - lol. Best keep your original box as they will no doubt be bringing more out :)

Kathy Eddy said...

Your taq is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Missus Wookie said...

You might have to just go for both boxes... and then fill in some gaps ;)

Just take 'your favourites' with you or take both :lol:

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your tag... the birdcage and fence go perfectly well together and your colors are gorgeous. Lots of eye candy here on your beautiful blog! Just became your new follower.