Friday 4 May 2012

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge week 4

Have managed to get cracking on this this afternoon so I am ahead of myself!  Two posts in one day too - get me!

This tag is made from the technique Faded Layers which is on Page 43 on T!ms Compendium of Curiosities 2:


Background is inked with Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Crushed Olive.  Then I used a Creative Expressions cog mask with Vintage Photo ink.  The background stamp was Watch Gears by Hero Arts and then I used three of T!ms Mini Muse stamps all inked with Black Archival.  The cogs are from T!ms sizzix die and are inked with Vintage Photo and edged with Black Soot, the tag is also edged with Black Soot.  I used metal washers coloured with Slate and Snow Cap alcohol inks and the screw brads are some old Karen Foster ones that I have squirreled away in my stash.  Finished the tag with a steampunk badge from Hobbycraft, a T!m metal cog, some pink and kraft twine and a bit of doodling with a white pen. 

To join in the fun pop over to Studio L3.

Thanks for looking - Cogging along from Solihull

16 comments:

MadeByKarla said...

This is a great tag! Love the look I've been into cogs for a while now :)Love the bird and square watch piece.

Helen said...

I love this, great use of embellishments.

Jamie said...

Love the tag and the great way you have connected the cogs.

Sue said...

Very cool tag! So many interesting elements to look at.

Jackie xxx said...

What a great tag - love it x

Kirstin said...

This is a great tag!! I love how the gears and cogs are "wired"!

Hettie said...

Great tag Nicola. I missed out on last week's as life got in the way but I have tomorrow to do some crafting (Hubby playing in the shed) so I will do the Challenge first.

Katy said...

This is very cool! Love how you did the rubberbands!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, your tag looks wonderful.

Heidi said...

Gorgeous tag!

Carol said...

Fab tag I really like cogs with washers and srew brads.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Seriously uber cool! I love to connect cogs and gears myself, and you did this perfectly!!! I love your background as well.

Anonymous said...

Love it, very steampunk-y!

minnie_mac said...

Fabulous tag in every way.

Marilyn

Linda Ledbetter said...

Oh, how cool!!! I love how you used the cogs-- very clever!-- and your faded layers look awesome. Another spectacular tag from the Sunshine Girl!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh love the use of the screw brads with the cogs. I've run out of those - remember hesitating before finishing up the packet. Way cool effect.