Wednesday 14 September 2011

WOYWW

I wasnt going to join in this this week as I feel I am running behind on everything again at the moment- why does that always happen?  I am stepping down as chair/secretary from school next week and we held our Charity crop last Saturday (we raised a massive £900 for Cancer Research!) so I thought I would have some spare time but its not happened?  Anyway here is my desk this morning:


It's actually very tidy for me - not much on it as I have busy doing some sewing (hence the pattern, cotton reels and bobbins there that need putting away), the sizzix machine is out as Bernice popped round yesterday afternoon for a quick lesson on crease pads, the empty box is a gift I got last night from OH which is another car mouse as the one on the picture is playing up and my phone is on charge.

I was busy sewing a gift for my Mom who's birthday it is today - Happy Birthday Mom! - so I can't show that yet and I still have done no more on LSNED or the Jennifer McGuire Inspiration Showcase course I should have started on Monday.  Let's hope I catch up later today after I have made Mom's birthday card!

However here is my birdcage tag that I sent to Tertia

There was quite a lot of pink on her blog so I went for these colours - am not sure if she has received it yet as she lives in South Africa and I didn't post it until last Friday but the swap was done via the lovely Frankie's blog and the rules are to show and tell the tag you have made today.
If you want to know why I am baring a rather boring workspace to the world then pop over to Julias where I assure you there are lots of really fun and interesting desks to look at!

Thanks for looking :)

30 comments:

Sarah said...

Great news on the fund-raising...you hopefully son have more spare time to play. Loving the pinks on your tag!
Thanks for sharing your desk today. Sarah

Sandy said...

Really lovely tag on your desk.
Pretty in pink.
Happy WOYWW. Sandy #1

Jen said...

Lovely bird cage swap tag.
Jen x

Bekca said...

Congratulations on raising so much for charity! Love the tag, so cute.

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great job on the fun raising. :) I'm sure you'll evetualy find some more time. Beautiful tag!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Well done on the £900! I love your mouse - so cute! Your tag is really beautiful, thanks for sharing xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Congrats on raising so much for Cancer Research - and a fun way of doing it! Pretty tag, lovely soft pinks. What are you sewing? LLJ x

Rainbow Lady said...

Gorgeous birdcage love it xx

Anonymous said...

Such cute tag, love the colours. And well done for raising so much money! Have a happy Wednesday! Mel #51

Twiglet said...

Love the bird cage - there are some fab ones around WOYWW today!

The Crafty Elf said...

Fantastic job raising that generous amount of money for such a wonderful cause....Congratulations! I saw the little car but didn't realize it was a mouse until I read it. Too cute!! Your tag is just lovely and I think she'll love all the pink you used. Happy WOYWW and have a great day!

Julia Dunnit said...

Well done at the Charity Crop - my word what a fab result. Your workload won't drop off immediately - becasue you're setting yourself so much to do! Tertia will love the tag. Shhhh..I forgot to photo mine!

Anonymous said...

Well done on the fundraising! That's a wodge for sure. The tag is stunning - but then I am a total sucker for bird cages :)

Mary Anne

Mrs A. said...

Pink. I'm drooling over this one.
Hope you managed to get your Mum's gift finished. hugs Mrs A.

Hettie said...

Well done on your fundraising! Wow!
I could do with a lesson on crease pads - never used them!!
Lovely tag. I have put mine on now - two posts in one day!!

Carola Bartz said...

Very beautiful tag - there are quite some birdcages out there. It's lovely.

Angie said...

What an amazing result for your charity event ...well done . Pretty Tag btw, xx

MadeByKarla said...

busy desk! what a lovely tag :)

RosA said...

Your bird cage tag is very cute. Congrats on the fund raising. That's a great effort!

Kezzy said...

Fantastic fund-raising. Love your desk, gorgeous cover and love the mouse. Your tag is brilliant, I really enjoyed the swap. Kezzy x

Helen said...

Beautiful pink tag - it's lovely.

Tuire Flemming said...

Congrats about that 900! That car-mouse is nice :)

Anonymous said...

Well done on the fund raising and I hope you get your spare time back too! Love that quilt over on the left, looks like it has a coffee theme and the colours are great too. Very pretty tag for Tertia also.

Hugs
Brenda 88

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I almost left my message on the post with your mom's birthday card. Glad I saw the tag and knew there were more like it out there. Happy belated WOYWW.

Sue from Oregon said...

Happy WOYWW! Love your pink card and tidy desk this week!

Elizabeth said...

Just a quick visit this week due to illness but hope to do better next week ... thanks for sharing your desk and congratulations on the fund-raising success. Your tag is sooo pretty. I hope you have a great weekend. Elizabeth x #121

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Sunshine thanks for popping over and well done on raising the money you did - and love the tag too am sure Tertia will! I do not have a birdcage thingy so did not do the swap, and there are so many there are out there. happy WOYWW Shaz in oz.x

okienurse said...

Sorry I am so late getting by this week but I wanted to pop by and visit your blog to say hello and to see what you are up to! Didn't have the time to post(except about newest Doswell addition) or craft the past two weeks due to being in Virginia visiting with the son's family to see the newest granddaughter born. Definitely a fun time none the less. Hope you have a great week. Vickie aka okienurse

Neet said...

Congrats on your fund raising. I used to think Secretary was the hardest job on a committee until I became Chair. Now I realise how hard that is too - but to do both - you deserve a medal.
Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog. Hugs, Neet x

Tertia said...

That is a lot of money to raise at a crop! Well done!
The tag is fantastic and I hope to be able to see it in real life soon. Living in Africa, things take a very long time to get here sometimes and then, sometimes its here within a week. Depends on who has to deliver, I suppose. LOL
Happy very belated WOYWW