Saturday 9 July 2011

Colour or is color? Orange

Here is my layout for the orange part of the course:
am much happier with this one as I have had more time to spend on it and make it my own rather than scraplifting which is what I did with the red one.  Would have been better with a black and white photo too but hey ho I want to reduce my current photo pile not add to it!

Stash used was:  Black cardstock, white cardstock, Imaginisce Hallowhimsy "Eat, Drink and Be Scary" and "Velcome Inn" papers, Magnolia ink (I know! have actually cut into a sheet - wow!)So Spooky "Halloween Star" paper and My Minds Eye Haunted "Raven" this is the main kraft sheet which is really cool as the raven is flock and very touchy feely (again I have the whole pack of this set of papers and I bought them in November and this is the first time I have used them so I am well pleased about that too!), also used a couple of the bits from the accessory sheet too. For the top I used my Martha Stewart gravestone punch, I hand cut out the Magnolia paper scallops in the hope that they would look like gravestones - not sure whether this is conveyed or not though!  The stamp in the bottom left hand corner is a Lavinia cobweb.  The mini birds and Upon A Time Alphabet are Sizzix dies and the ghosts, pumpkins and spider are quickutz. Have used Rusty Hinge, Black Soot and Mustard Seed distress inks and Orange, Lava Green, Black and Gold Inka gold paints.  The letters and spider have been covered in glossy accents so are nice and sparkly too.

Whole layout is based on a sketch by Nic Howard.

Thanks for looking :)

No comments: