Saturday 15 January 2011

Mojo is back!

Firstly a big hi to Shelley - thanks for following me! and secondly I have done a layout today!
My two little boys :)
This layout is so way out for me in so many ways!


1. I have mixed old (cosmo cricket) and new (basic grey) papers (well new to me as I only bought them in November).

2. I have used three photos that were *shock horror* all taken on different dates and *shock horror* are a mixture of colours and haven’t been converted to black and white!

3. I have used a sketch (Becky Fleck – page 33 of page maps 1 if you are interested) and *shock horror* broken away from it a bit by introducing an extra piece of paper and a journaling card and where there were flowers on the sketch I have used a cog! (first for me I usually have to follow a sketch and would normally have had to use flowers!).

4. The cogs aren’t Tim’s – oh no – I have broken open a pack of Maya Road cogs that cost me £3.25 and have been sitting in my chipboard drawer for months as they are too expensive to use! (go figure – but I am sure I am not the only one out there who does that!!).

5. and the biggest “so out of my comfort zone” thing on here is that there are no dates on the photos!! Get me! (although I do have to confess that I have written them on the back of the layout – couldn’t move on that much too early on a Saturday morning).

Oh yes that’s the other thing, this layout has only taken me about 4 hours! – this includes inking, cutting out, sticking down and faffing around trying to wind string and then a very expensive robot ribbon I have (again unused because, yes you’ve guessed it, it’s far too expensive and lovely to use!) around and through the cogs but they both just looked rubbish so I have gone for the metal spinners and cogs instead – no expense spared there either eh!

I am on a roll.....

Stash used:  Basic Grey – Inventory, Cosmo Cricket - Cogsmo, Distress Inks: Brushed Corduroy, Dried Marigold, Weathered Wood, Fired Brick and Shabby Shutters, Sizzix Ticket die, Stampers Anonymous Odds and Ends Stamp - Limited Edition, Stampers Anonymous Mini Muse Stamp – Embrace perfection,
Maya Road cogs, Silver cosmic shimmer, Metal cogs and spinners and, last but not least, Sizzix on the edge die - Ornate

Thanks for looking - am off to see if I can do another one now!  whoo hoo.

5 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabby LO.. great look. Well worth your time & effort. :) Congratulations on being published.. I let out a big cheer when I saw your article. Great banner with sooo much detail.. have a great Sunday.xx

Artyjen said...

Really clever LO ;) I'm so with you on not using stuff because it's too expensive!! What are we like?! LOL
xoxo Sioux

Missus Wookie said...

Fun - I'm loving that Cosmo cricket especially the masking you've done.

Debs said...

Glad to see your mojo returning and loving the work you have done here.

awww shucks, thanks for the award.

MadeByKarla said...

Love the colors on the book. Thank you for the award! I've passed it on to 5 others :)