Sunday 25 April 2010

Gable Box

I saw this challenge over at http://www.dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.com/ on 8th April and thought I would have a go at one - I knew I wouldnt have time to get it completed for the challenge itself as we were away and last week I was so busy but I am still mad about making boxes so thought I would do one to put on my little shelf of lovely things, so here is mine that I finished yesterday:
this is the front - using my (still) new Paperartsy stamps - and yes yet again another handmade flower! The blue bird is stamped out on metal and finished with a little bit of bling for the birdies eye;

This is the side - both are similar only this one has the scalloped circle on as I decided it needed a bit more colour other than that I left these quite plain (can always be added to at a later date cant they! - although to be honest I like them as is);
and this is the back - again I kept it plain but the stamps say it all really dont they! 
The box has been inked and perfect pearled to within an inch of its life and then just finished with the simple stamped images, prima flowers, tulle and a little nestability tag which is held on with a fancy pin (another little treat from the NEC) and some hemp (a treat from the local Hobbycraft store!).
Last night I also, finally, coloured in a Robin Hood Edwin image so I am just off to go and do something with him now - I dont usually colour in the images without sorting out my papers first but I figured I would just be doing him in green and brown anyway so I went for it whilst watching another episode of Flash Forward (only 3 more to go now and I will have caught up!) - has anybody any idea what is going on with that??  I am totally lost with it all....
Thanks for looking.

No comments: